New Mechanicum: Taghmata army list book from Forge World

Forums Rules: Rules & Tactics discussion Horus Heresy New Mechanicum: Taghmata army list book from Forge World

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Meros Meros 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

AR Łukasz

Hello,

As you might have seen in the painting log of mine, I’ve recently started a Mechanicum using the FW rules. It was perhaps not the most fortunate timing, as not long after I’ve done the first model, a new book came, in which you can find the updated ruleset. As I’m still waiting for the book to come, I’m stuck with the rumours (courtesy of Bell of Lost Souls) for now. As I was planning on going with a big number of Castellax from Legio Cybernetica, their 20 point increase are bad news for me. I’m wondering how to re-work the list and what models will be most useful now. Also, as I’m able to take the GW Mechanicus now, I need to broaden the horizon of choice;)

With so many new options and changes, what direction should I go to make the army even slightly competitive?:)

• This topic was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by  AR Łukasz.
    • This topic was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by  Awaken.
    Profile photo of Meros
    Meros
    Participant

I would take a Dominus and give him the order of mars that allows him to resurrect adsecularus covenant units, and then take 3-4 (min 2 if spamming robots) of adsecularus (i like rote of pure thought and carapace armour. This gives you a large amount of fearless scoring units.

As heavy support you can never go wrong with 2 thanatars (different units) with helix mortars (blast plasma with re roll saved cover is amazing) and advanced targeting (reduce cover saves). Finally I would get a cheap magos to baby sit the thanatars (he doesn’t really need upgrades)

AR Łukasz

So a Lachrymallus you’re suggesting? I initially thought about going with a numerous size of Thallax with a Thanatas support (and a Myrmidon magos) ?

I need to thought more about this – as I initially did not wanted to run numerous Adsecularis (wishing to go with a smaller number of bigger models;) ) – thank you!

Profile photo of Meros
    Meros
    Participant

Yeah recommending a Lachrymallus (didn’t have book on hand). If you want to go full mech you’ll be a small force. Drafted a list: Magos prime with some kit 12 adsecularis (bubble wrap the Magos), 3 units of 6 thallax with multi meltas, 2 castellax with enhanced targeting paragon of metal dark fire cannons and siege wreckers, 2 units of 1 thanatar with enhanced targeting. 2000 points. 35 bodies total, balanced by T5 and multiple wounds but against marines or Auxilla or cults you’re going to get drowned in bodies. I’d say play maelstrom missions to leverage speed and just bomb them with the thanatar and deepstrike the thallax onto objectives and then jump around capping points.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.